Ready for the best vegetarian breakfast quesadilla? You will just love how simple, yet delicious this meal is. Make the easy quesadilla for breakfast with eggs and other tasty vegetarian ingredients like avocado, Parmesan cheese and gluten-free tortillas in about 10-15 minutes. It is SO good, filling, it’s healthy and perfectly satisfying. This is the best vegetarian meal for your next morning’s breakfast!
You’ll Love This Vegetarian Breakfast Quesadilla
This vegetarian breakfast with eggs and avocado is:
- easy to make
And you only need a few ingredients (just seven!), which makes it super versatile too as you can add more things that you’d like to experiment with!
Gluten Free Or Not
Listen, you don’t need to make the avocado egg quesadilla gluten-free, I did because I’m avoiding gluten at the moment. If you don’t have gluten intolerance, feel free to use whichever type of tortillas you love!
Vegetarian Breakfast Quesadilla Ingredients
Eggs. We’ll be using two scrambled eggs to fill up the quesadilla.
Cheese. I used Parmesan cheese, as that’s one of the few cheeses I can tolerate well and I love the taste. You can switch things up and use whichever type of cheese you love – mozzarella, cheddar or even feta will be great for this recipe!
Avocado. Avocado and eggs make a super satisfying food combo! They’re just so good together and the combination of fiber, healthy fats and protein can keep you full for many, many hours.
Pickled jalapenos and garlic. These add so much flavor to the recipe. I know, two ingredients you never knew you needed in a breakfast quesadilla!
Tortillas. To wrap all of the other ingredients together.
How To Make Vegetarian Breakfast Quesadillas
Start preparing the quesadillas for breakfast by mashing the avocado with minced garlic. I know it’s the first thing you want to do in the morning. I promise you’ll love it.
Scramble eggs with a little bit of olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
Spread the avocado over one half of the tortilla and add an egg on top.
Sprinkle Parmesan (or other cheese of choice) and jalapenos over the egg. Fold the tortilla in half. Repeat for the other quesadilla as well.
Toast the folded quesadillas in a greased pan until golden brown on both sides.
Slice and enjoy immediately or let cool off a bit and pack for the office/ school.
This vegetarian quesadilla recipe is pretty versatile! Here are some tasty ideas you can try:
- add some tomatoes, arugula or spinach to bump up the vegetable content
- scramble the eggs with some bell peppers and onions for more flavor and some pop of color
- add in chopped pitted olives and fresh herbs like basil or mint
- use another cheese like feta for a more Greek-style breakfast
- add in some roasted vegetables like zucchini or peppers on top for more flavor
Honestly, now I feel like I have to try all of these as well.
How To Serve
I served the quesadilla with a small salad on the side, made with tomatoes, a bit more avocado and onion. It was a great addition and I highly recommend adding some fresh vegetables like arugula or spinach or fresh herbs as a side dish.
More Vegetarian Breakfast Ideas
I hope you truly enjoy this simple vegetarian breakfast quesadilla with eggs and avocado whenever you make it! Make sure to check out these other healthy breakfast ideas as well:
- Healthy Breakfast Salad
- High-Protein Vegetarian Breakfast Burritos
- Healthy Avocado Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 2 tbsp cheese of choice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbsp pickled jalapenos
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 small gluten free tortillas
- Start preparing the quesadillas for breakfast by mashing the avocado with minced garlic. I know it's the first thing you want to do in the morning. I promise you'll love it.
- Scramble eggs with a little bit of olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Spread the avocado over one half of the tortilla and add an egg on top.
- Sprinkle Parmesan (or other cheese of choice) and jalapenos over the egg. Fold the tortilla in half. Repeat for the other quesadilla as well.
- Toast the folded quesadillas in a greased pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Slice and enjoy immediately or let cool off a bit and pack for the office/ school.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 177mgSodium: 385mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 4gSugar: 1gProtein: 11g