These roasted cauliflower and hummus bowls are perfect for lunch! Flavorful, super healthy, and delicious you’ll absolutely love this simple gluten-free vegan meal prep recipe with pan-roasted cauliflower and hummus.
You may or may not know that I’m a huge fan of adding roasted vegetables to salads, wraps or bowls. I love my roasted peppers and eggplant during summer, but when the cold months roll in, roasted cauliflower is where my food-focused mind is at. So, a few days ago I made these hummus and roasted cauliflower bowls and they’re so good!
Packed with protein, fiber and deliciousness, these hummus bowls are extremely easy to put together. All you need to know how to do really is roasting cauliflower on the stove. Because, yeah, I actually didn’t roast the cauliflower in the oven, I seared it and it’s SO much better. I don’t need to watch it like a hawk while it’s cooking and it’s easier to actually not overcook it when you sear it vs oven roasting.
How To Roast Cauliflower On The Stove
The first thing you want to always do with cauliflower is wash and chop. That’s a must.
Once you’re done with that step and you’ve cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, it’s time to season the vegetable with whatever you want. My favorite things to add to cauliflower are hot paprika, a little bit of cumin, olive oil, a little pinch of mint, some salt and of course: garlic. Can’t leave that garlic alone. You can also add a bit of lemon juice, but don’t overdo it. Mix the cauliflower with the spices really well, so that every floret is evenly coated.
Now it’s time to add the cauliflower to a large nonstick pan and cook at medium-high, covered with a lid for a few minutes. Try to keep the florets in a single layer, so that they can be charred. Once 2-3 minutes are up, take the lid off, let the vegetables char a bit more. Then stir to flip the florets, so they can cook on the other side as well.
That’s it, you should have your pan-roasted cauliflower all done in 5-7 minutes.
How To Make Roast Cauliflower Hummus Bowls
From here, you can use that roasted cauliflower in many different ways. My favorite way is served with some fresh vegetables and hummus. You can make the hummus yourself or go and buy it from the store.
As for the salad, you can make it with whichever vegetables you have at home. For these roast cauliflower bowls, I used some lettuce, arugula, onions, cucumbers, dill and tomatoes. Toss the chopped vegetables with some olive oil, salt and lemon juice (if desired).
Serve in a bowl with the cauliflower, and hummus and throw in some olives or pickled jalapenos if you desire! That’s it – your roasted veggie bowls are all done!
What Else To Make With The Pan-Roasted Cauliflower
Now, if at some point during the week you get bored of these cauliflower hummus bowls, you can use the roasted cauliflower to make:
- Hummus wraps – pretty much a wrap variation of these bowls made with hummus, roasted cauliflower and fresh vegetables (my favorite lunch!)
- Soup. Cook them with potatoes, onions and carrots and blend. Makes a tasty vegetable soup!
- A Mediterranean-style stir-fry using chickpeas, red pepper and tomatoes, garlic and fresh herbs.
And of course, you can add the roasted cauliflower to another type of salad you want as well.
How To Meal Prep These Roasted Cauliflower Hummus Bowls
It’s all pretty easy to do:
- Roast the cauliflower as described above.
- Wash, chop and let dry fresh vegetables like cucumbers, lettuce, dill and onions.
- Use whole cherry tomatoes on the side.
- Assemble meal prep bowls with cauliflower, the fresh vegetables, olives and hummus separately.
- Add the dressing with olive oil, lemon juice and salt when it’s time to serve!
More Vegetarian Lunch Ideas
I hope you enjoy these roasted cauliflower and hummus bowls for lunch or dinner and if you’re always looking for more healthy vegetarian and vegan lunch recipes, make sure to check out these plant-based meals as well:
- 300g/10 oz cauliflower florets (around 3 cups)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp hot paprika or crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mint
- pinch of salt to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3-4 sprigs dill, thinly chopped
- 1 cup arugula, chopped
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 3 cups lettuce, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup hummus
- 1/4 cup olives
- Pan-Roasted Cauliflower: Mix the washed and chopped cauliflower florets with cumin, paprika, hot paprika or crushed red pepper, garlic, salt, olive oil and mint until evenly coated. Spread in a single layer in a large nonstick pan and cook at medium-high, covered with a lid for 2-3 minutes. Remove the lid and continue cooking for another 2 minutes, then stir in order to flip and cook the other side of the cauliflower florets.
- Salad: Chop the cucumbers, scallions, dill, arugula, lettuce and tomatoes. Toss with olive oil, lemon juice (if desired) and some salt.
- Assemble bowls with some cauliflower, salad, hummus and olives and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 333Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 664mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 13gSugar: 11gProtein: 12g