New to the Mediterranean diet? Great! It’s the most flavorful, colorful, healthy way to eat. You can get started with these easy delicious healthy Mediterranean diet dinner ideas!
This collection of simple beginner-friendly Mediterranean dinner recipes will provide all the variety you need to keep you satisfied and happy. You will find simple recipes with chicken, salmon as well as many vegetarian options that are inspired by the Mediterranean diet.
The meals are super tasty and in general, don’t take longer than 30 minutes to make.
Adhering to the Mediterranean diet has proven to reduce the risk of mortality from various causes, including cardiovascular, cancer, and incidence of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s diseases (source). Put simply, enjoying the food of the beloved summer vacations can contribute to a healthier lifestyle and even help in the prevention of serious diseases.
So, if you’re ready to improve your health while enjoying flavorful food, don’t forget to save this list of healthy Mediterranean diet dinner ideas. And maybe make it a 21-Day challenge? Why not!
Mediterranean Diet Dinner Ideas With Chicken
I don’t know whether I already told you, but rotisserie chicken was my favorite thing to eat when I was a child. I wasn’t good at enjoying it with salad or anything different than bread, but now I know a little bit better. And these Mediterranean diet dinner recipes with chicken are proof. They’re truly uncomplicated but full of flavor and healthy natural ingredients.
1. Chicken, Rice, And Spinach. Rice, chicken, spinach, chickpeas, and some onion – sounds pretty simple and good, right? It gets even better. Because you’ll cook it all in just one pan with the all-mighty olive oil in a little over half an hour!
2. Spicy Chicken And Roasted Vegetables. Drizzled with yogurt garlic sauce, these healthy bowls are not only satiating but extremely mouth-watering.
3. Mediterranean Chicken Skillet. Feta cheese, olives, garlic, eggplant, and tomatoes – if that doesn’t speak Mediterranean flavor, I don’t know what will. Beyond the obvious taste qualities, this recipe gets bonus points for how easy it is to prepare and how little time it takes!
4. 10-Minute Chicken Macaroni. Whenever you don’t feel like putting much effort, prepare this easy pasta recipe with leftover cooked chicken! Kids will love it too!
5. Leftover Chicken Gyros Bowls. Speaking of leftover chicken…this is a must try if you love gyros! The bowls come together very quickly and are filled with roasted red pepper, raw vegetables, feta cheese, and olives.
6. Mediterranean Chicken Wraps. Filled with tzatziki, chicken and vegetables these amazing wraps are filling and extremely delicious!
Vegetarian Dinner Ideas
What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of “Vegetarian Mediterranean diet dinner recipes”? Okay, I can’t hear you, so I’ll tell you mine. Falafels. They’re SO so good and honestly, one of my favorite meals to enjoy. We’ll start with that, but the Mediterranean diet’s got a bit more. Here are some tasty vegetarian recipes to try!
7. Easy Baked Falafel Bowls. To make the prep a bit easier and probably healthier, I’m suggesting you bake these delicious chickpea balls instead of frying them. Serve with a salad, tzatziki, and olives, and dig in!
8. Roasted Vegetable Chickpea Bowls. These are filled with spicy chickpeas, roasted vegetables, olives, a simple salad, and a special cashew sauce that will have you wanting more as soon as you’ve taken the first bite.
9. Homemade Bean Soup. Soup may not be your first association when you think of a sunny Greece vacation, but you shouldn’t miss out on this one! It’s warming, comforting and super simple!
10. Healthy Dinner Salad. Loaded with raw in-season vegetables, roasted peppers and potatoes and a special feta appetizer, these dinner salad bowls are simply divine.
11. Lentil Soup From Scratch. You can cook this super simple lentil soup in the evening and savor it for the rest of the week! It’s such a great comfort meal!
12. Spicy Feta Pasta. Make feta pasta using a few simple ingredients and in 12 minutes! The result: outstanding flavors and a dish you won’t be able to stop eating!
13. Evolved Lentil Wraps. You can also use lentils to make super delicious wraps! Add plenty of and a yummy yogurt sauce. They turn out super tasty!
If you love fish and shellfish, the best way to enjoy them is on the grill with some salad and tzatziki on the side, in my opinion. But if you’re looking for more specific Mediterranean diet dinner recipes using shrimp or salmon, here are a few great suggestions.
14. Mediterranean Salmon Wraps. You’ll love these wraps with salmon, salad and tzatziki! They make the perfect for a weeknight meal and are easy to customize!
15. Garlic Shrimp In Tomato Sauce. Does garlic shrimp in tomato sauce sound like something worth making ASAP? Yes, it does! Dill, garlic, olive oil, shrimp, and ripe tomatoes – simple ingredients for the perfect 15-minute weeknight dinner!
16. Salmon And Shrimp Risotto. I won’t be lying when I tell you this is one of my favorite comfort meals ever. It is SO good. You need rice, shrimp, salmon, veggies, some cheese…OMG. And it’s really easy to make. Just give it a go and you’ll understand.
Mediterranean Dinner Recipes With Ground Meat
If you love your beef and turkey, make something healthier with them – burgers aren’t the only option after all! Here are some tasty Mediterranean diet dinner recipes with ground turkey or ground beef that you can add to your rotation!
17. Ground Turkey And Rice Recipe. You can enjoy this meal on its own or with some fresh tomato and cucumber salad or avocado added to it. Don’t forget to top it with parsley and olives to add more flavor and lighten it up!
18. Ground Beef And Mushrooms. In just 15 minutes you can prepare a healthy and super appetizing dinner, all in one pan! Super flavorful, quick and pretty nutrient-dense too!
19. Turkey Meatballs In Zucchini Sauce. You can make these meatballs with ground turkey, garlic, pesto, and mozzarella and enjoy them for a couple of days. To be fair, you’ll likely have them for a maximum of two evenings, they’re that delicious!
20. Spicy Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice. If you haven’t yet, give cauliflower rice a go! Really, it does taste better than you think, especially when you mix it with different spices, ground turkey, and plenty of vegetables. Simple, but pretty amazing.
21. Sweet Potato Moussaka Skillet. Moussaka with a twist. This easy skillet combines sweet potatoes, ground turkey, flavorful spices, garlic and onions. It’s good as is, but if you happen to make some tzatziki or a garlic yogurt sauce in 5 minutes, you’ll take it over the top. Basically – yes, make the sauce!
More Mediterranean Diet Recipes
After you’re done with these amazing Mediterranean diet dinner ideas, take a look at these amazing recipes for breakfast and lunch:
- 10oz/300g skinless boneless chicken thighs, in bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp dill
- 1 garlic love, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 cup lettuce
- 2 tbsp dill
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped olives
- 1 tsp olive oil
YOGURT GARLIC SAUCE (SEE DF OPTIONS IN THE NOTES)*
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp dill
- Start by making your vegetables according to this spicy roasted vegetable recipe. You can do all of the next steps while the vegetables are in the oven, just make sure to check on them after 15-20 minutes.
- Make the chicken. Mix chicken with the other ingredients in a bowl or directly in the pan, then cover the pan and cook for for 3-4 minutes at medium-high. Take the lid off and stir for 6-7 more minutes or until the chicken is done.
- For the salad add all ingredients to a bowl and mix them well together. I recommend massaging the cabbage with vinegar or lemon juice and a little bit of salt first and then adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Prepare the garlic sauce by mixing the ingredients in a small bowl. For a dairy free option try this avocado dill sauce or the recipe for the cashew sauce here.
- Time to assemble your bowls: start with a base of the salad and then top with the chicken and roasted vegetables. Top everything with the sauce and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 520Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 1157mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 9gSugar: 12gProtein: 44g