I love a good vegetarian side dish. So much so, that in my opinion, good vegetable sides often outshine the main dish. Therefore today, I am rounding up some of my favorite healthy side dish recipes! They’re flavorful, fresh and super easy to make.
These vegetarian sides are great with fish, meat, seafood, or vegetarian options like these baked spinach falafels. The collection includes healthy side dish salads, vegetable recipes, grain recipes as well as legume recipes. I’ve also included some dips and sauces that my family and I usually love to eat on the side at dinner as well.
Don’t forget to save this list of easy healthy side dishes for later!
Healthy Side Dish Salads
Salads are one of the healthiest meals to have on the side. They’re packed with freshness, fiber, minerals and antioxidants. These salads are great with fish and seafood, chicken or legumes too!
- Tomato Cucumber Salad With Dill
- Easy Mediterranean Vegetable Salad
- No Corn Avocado Black Bean Salad
- Cucumber Avocado Salad
- Fresh Tomato Mint Salad
- Easy Roasted Vegetable Salad
- The Best Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
- Avocado, Tomato And Arugula Salad
- The Best Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad
- Tomato, Cucumber, Garlic And Feta Salad
Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
One of my favorite things to serve on the side are cooked vegetables! Whether you like them roasted, seared, or in the shape of dips, vegetables won’t disappoint. They are flavorful and fit most healthy diets like vegan, paleo or even keto (for low carb vegetables). Here are some of my favorite vegetable recipes.
- 10-Minute Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
- Green Beans And Tomatoes
- Cheesy and Spicy Cauliflower Rice
- Easy Avocado Dill Dip
- Healthy Roasted Vegetable Dip
- 10-Minute Sauteed Asparagus
- Spicy Roasted Vegetables
- Baked Potatoes With Garlic Sauce
- Zucchini In Garlic Sauce
- Super Easy Tzatziki
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- 10-Minute Brussels Sprouts
Healthy Legume Recipes
Legumes make a very filling, high-fiber, high-protein side dish. From garbanzo beans to lentils, these tasty legume recipes are super easy, versatile and perfect to build power bowls with some fresh vegetables, a sauce (like tzatziki or hummus) and maybe even some chicken or salmon.
- Spicy Turmeric Lentils
- The Best Hummus Recipe
- 5-Minute Herby Cannellini Beans
- Mediterranean Chickpea Skillet
- Five Minute Herby Spicy Chickpeas
Healthy Grain recipes
Whole grains can be a part of a healthy diet as well! They’re a great source of fiber and several essential nutrients like iron, magnesium, potassium and B vitamins.
I hope you enjoyed this collections of healthy side dishes and got some inspiration for dinner or lunch that’s different than broccoli and rice!
Mediterranean Chickpea Skillet
- 1 jar/can – about 2 cups of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, striped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- In a large pan with a lid add tomatoes and onion and let simmer at medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and stir, let simmer covered with the lid for 5 min.
- Add garlic, zucchini, and bell peppers. Stir together, cover for 2 min.
- Turn off heat, add basil, olive oil. Sprinkle sesame seeds, chili powder and nigella seeds on top.
- Ready. Serve hot.
Original recipe at Beauty Bites.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 9gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g