I love a good vegetarian side dish. So much so, that in my opinion, good vegetable sides often outshine the main dish. Therefore today, I am rounding up some of my favorite healthy side dish recipes! They’re flavorful, fresh and super easy to make.
These vegetarian side dishes are great with fish, meat, seafood, or vegetarian options like these baked spinach falafels. The collection includes healthy side salads, vegetable recipes, grain recipes as well as legume recipes. I’ve also included some dips and sauces that my family and I usually love to eat on the side at dinner as well.
Don’t forget to save this list of easy and healthy side dish recipes for later!
Healthy Side Dish Salad Recipes
Salads are among the best healthy side dishes you can make or order! They’re packed with freshness, fiber, minerals, and antioxidants. These healthy side salads are great with fish like salmon or mackerel, chicken or legumes too!
- Tomato Cucumber Salad With Dill. This is a classic side dish salad that is perfect for summer!
- Easy Mediterranean Vegetable Salad. If you’re looking for a simple vegetable salad that is packed with flavor – this one delivers.
- No Corn Avocado Black Bean Salad. No need to open a can of corn for this simple side dish recipe – just combine canned beans, roasted peppers, avocados and some extra herbs for this wonderful side dish.
- Cucumber Avocado Salad. Ribbon some cucumbers using your peeler and your healthy and delicious vegetable side dish is ready to go!
- Fresh Tomato Mint Salad. This tomato salad is perfect for the summer months, when tomatoes are sweet, juicy and full of antioxidants!
- Easy Roasted Vegetable Salad.
- The Best Mediterranean Chickpea Salad. Imagine a flavorful chickpea salad packed with feta, garlic, chickpeas, tomatoes and herbs. It’s so good, you can have it as a main dish too!
- Avocado, Tomato And Arugula Salad
- The Best Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad. Tabbouleh is fresh, simple and a great side for grilled fish or meat!
- Tomato, Cucumber, Garlic And Feta Salad. Make your classic tomato cucumber salad a bit differently and skip the onions. Instead, add a some minced garlic – you’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
One of my favorite things to serve on the side is cooked vegetables! Whether you like them roasted, seared, or in the shape of dips, vegetables won’t disappoint. They are flavorful and fit most healthy diets like vegan, paleo or even keto (for low-carb vegetables). Here are some of my favorite healthy side dish recipes with vegetables.
- 10-Minute Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables. This simple dish is flavorful, healthy and perfect for bowls, on the side of grilled meat or in wraps like gyro.
- Green Beans And Tomatoes. This green bean recipe is so good, you’ll love it on its own with some bread and garlicky yogurt sauce or feta cheese.
- Cheesy and Spicy Cauliflower Rice. If you’re a fan of more spicy and cheesy, yet healthy side dishes – this one is a must-try!
- Easy Avocado Dill Dip. This is a perfect little dish to serve along with salad, cooked legumes or grilled fish or meat.
- Healthy Roasted Vegetable Dip. If you’ve grilled some vegetables, mash them or blend them with some garlic, salt and olive oil. It makes the perfect healthy vegetable dip that is great as an appetizer or a side.
- 10-Minute Sauteed Asparagus. This is a great way to prepare asparagus when it’s in season!
- Spicy Roasted Vegetables. Set it and forget it! Or don’t because, you don’t want to overroast those cauliflower florets.
- Baked Potatoes With Garlic Sauce. If you love potatoes and garlic, then you will love this simple meal!
- Zucchini In Garlic Sauce. Similar to the potatoes with garlic sauce, this zucchini recipe is perfect if you’re looking for a low-carb and low-cal side dish recipe!
- Super Easy Tzatziki. Oh, yes! This simple side dish is made with yogurt, garlic, cucumber and sometimes dill – it is simple but SO good!
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes. If you’re avoiding potatoes, make the next best thing – mashed sweet potatoes!
- 10-Minute Brussels Sprouts make the best side for grilled salmon, chicken or beef patties!
Healthy Side Dish Legume Recipes
Legumes are a great ingredient for filling, high-fiber, high-protein healthy side dish recipes. From garbanzo beans to lentils, the following tasty legume recipes are super easy, versatile and perfect to build power bowls with some fresh vegetables, a sauce (like tzatziki or hummus) and maybe even some chicken or salmon.
- Spicy Turmeric Lentils
- The Best Hummus Recipe
- 5-Minute Herby Cannellini Beans
- Mediterranean Chickpea Skillet
- Five Minute Herby Spicy Chickpeas
Healthy Side Dishes With Grains
Whole grains can be a part of a healthy diet as well! They’re a great source of fiber and several essential nutrients like iron, magnesium, potassium and B vitamins. So, grab some
More Healthy Meals
I hope you enjoyed this collection of healthy side dish recipes and got some inspiration for dinner or lunch that’s different than broccoli and rice! For more healthy meals, check out these collections as well:
- 17 Mediterranean Diet Chicken Recipes
- 21 Days Of Meal Prep Lunch Ideas
- 20-Minute Healthy One-Pan Dinner Ideas
Mediterranean Chickpea Skillet
- 1 jar/can – about 2 cups of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, striped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp nigella seeds
- 10 basil leaves, chopped
- In a large pan with a lid add tomatoes and onion and let simmer at medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and stir, let simmer covered with the lid for 5 min.
- Add garlic, zucchini, and bell peppers. Stir together, cover for 2 min.
- Turn off heat, add basil, olive oil. Sprinkle sesame seeds, chili powder and nigella seeds on top.
- Ready. Serve hot.
Original recipe at Beauty Bites.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 373mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 9gSugar: 9gProtein: 10g