You need to make these delicious healthy ground beef dinner bowls! This nutritious ground beef recipe should be on your meal prep menu for the week, it is seriously so good! It’s an easy gluten-free, egg- and nut-free low carb dinner with spiced ground beef and lots of roasted and fresh vegetables that you will enjoy so much!
Why Are These Ground Beef Dinner Bowls Healthy?
Loaded with spices, healthy vegetables and nutrient-dense lean ground beef you’ve got a lot to look forward to with these bowls.
Each ingredient comes with different health benefits and nutritens that your body will love!
- Ground beef is a super nutritious food! It’s very rich in protein, vitamin B12, iron, zinc, selenium and vitamin B6. So if you’re struggling with anemia and are low in any of these nutrients, enjoying a little bit of ground beef goes a long way.
- Radishes. This antioxidant-rich vegetable is so underrated and underused! It’s super low in calories, but rich in vitamin C and a good source of many other vitamins. It also helps protect your liver and can help prevent chronic diseases like cardiovascular disease or cancer.
- Onions and garlic have powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antimicrobial properties and can be beneficial for gut health too!
- Lettuce. We’ve all heard leafy greens should be a part of a healthy diet. Lettuce never gets credit, but did you know it actually provides a good amount of vitamin A, K and C…at like 10 calories per two cups? If you don’t think lettuce is healthy enough for you, feel free to go with kale, cabbage or even spinach, which are often promoted as the healthier greens.
Remember that in order for our bodies to get what they need, we need variety in our diets. There’s not one single food that can provide all essential nutrients to cover our nutritional needs. Enjoying a variety of nutrient-dense foods can help us get everything we want and need from food alone.
Ingredients For These Spicy Ground Beef Dinner Bowls
Here are some of the main ingredients you will need for this amazing ground beef recipe:
- Lean ground beef
- Leafy greens. Lettuce and fresh herbs like cilantro or parsley. Other great options here can be arugula, kale, cabbage, or even spinach.
- Spices to flavor the ground beef – I used cumin, paprika, dried mint and chili powder.
- Sweet peppers and carrots. These go really well with the ground beef!
- Onions and garlic. Can’t make a dinner recipe without them…
- Grilled, roasted or sauteed vegetables. I recommend sweet peppers, zucchini, eggplant or cauliflower. They all add different, delicious flavors.
- Olive oil and lemon juice.
- Avocado, tomatoes and olives. Use ripe avocados and cherry tomatoes or sweet ripe tomatoes for best results.
- Feta cheese. This is a super tasty addition, but it is optional! If you can’t tolerate dairy, go for more olives or make this garlicky cashew sauce for the bowls.
How To Make Healthy Ground Beef Dinner Bowls
Before you start cooking chop up the vegetables for the beef and the bowls. That would include carrots into tiny pieces, sweet peppers thinly, onions, thinly, lettuce, jalapanos, radishes, parsley or cilantro and the tomatoes. Mince the garlic.
To start with, prepare the ground beef. Add some olive oil, the meat, onion, mint, cumin, paprika and chili powder to a nonstick pan and stir together for about 3-4 minutes at medium high heat breaking the beef into chunks.
Once the beef is no longer pink, add in the bell pepper, some garlic and the chopped carrot. From there, reduce heat a bit and stir occasionally for 4-5 more minutes until flavors are combined and the meat is done. Drizzle some lemon juice and take off heat.
Mash the avocado with tomatoes, lemon juice, olives, onions and a pinch of salt.
Then arrange the bowls. Add the lettuce as a base, ground beef on top, then roasted vegetables of choice, radishes, onions, jalapenos, the avocado mash. As a final touch crumble feta cheese and sprinkle parsley or cilantro on top.
These Ground Beef Bowls Are Great For Meal Prep
If you like to be prepared for the week, you can definitely make these bowls ahead. Here’s what to prepare:
- adjust the recipe for as many servings as you’d like to make
- make the ground beef as described
- chop lettuce, radishes, olives, onions and parsley
- add crumbled feta cheese
- store refrigerated in an airtight container preferably with compartments
You can then make the avocado mash right when it’s time to eat, so that you can enjoy it fresh. It takes no longer than 5 min!
If you’d like to reheat
I actually like to keep everything in separate containers, because I always have to have ground beef heated (I don’t know why). So I put chopped, unseasoned vegetables in one container, grilled vegetables in another and the ground beef in a third container.
Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy these tasty bowls!
More Healthy Dinner Recipes
- 15-Minute Ground Beef and Mushrooms
- Leftover Chicken Gyros Bowls
- Super Healthy Cobb Salad That You Can Meal Prep
- Easy Sweet Potato Moussaka Skillet
- 15-Minute Shrimp and Zucchini In Garlic Tomato Sauce
Healthy Ground Beef Dinner Bowls (Meal Prep)
Healthy ground beef dinner bowls! This low carb meal prep recipe with spiced ground beef and lots of tasty roasted and fresh vegetables is so good, filling, satiating! The perfect healthy dinner idea for the family.
For The Ground Beef:
- 12 oz/350g ground beef
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp mint
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp onion, thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, thinly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp chopped jalapenos
- 1 zucchini/ bell pepper, roasted or grilled
- 6 cups chopped lettuce or greens
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped radishes
- 1/2 cup thinly chopped cilantro or parsley
- 3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Chop up the vegetables for the beef and the bowls. Carrots into tiny pieces, sweet peppers thinly, onions, thinly, lettuce, jalapenos, radishes, parsley or cilantro and tomatoes. Mince the garlic.
- Add some olive oil, the ground beef, onion, mint, cumin, paprika and chili powder to a nonstick pan and stir together for about 3-4 minutes at medium-high heat breaking the beef into chunks. Once the beef is no longer pink, add in the sweet pepper, some garlic and the chopped carrot. From there, reduce the heat a bit and stir occasionally for 4-5 more minutes until flavors are combined and the meat is done. Drizzle some lemon juice and take off heat.
- Mash the avocado with tomatoes, lemon juice, olives, onions and a pinch of salt.
- Arrange the bowls. Add the lettuce as a base, ground beef on top, then roasted vegetables of choice, radishes, onions, jalapenos, the avocado mash. As a final touch crumble feta cheese and sprinkle parsley or cilantro on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 362mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 14gSugar: 12gProtein: 41g
Leave a Reply