You’ll love this delicious healthy ground beef recipe for dinner! Ready in about 15-minutes this ground beef and mushrooms recipe is the perfect weeknight one-pan dinner idea and everyone will love it.
You’ll Love This Ground Beef and Mushroom Recipe
Don’t know about you, but I’m all for one-pan recipes and the easy clean-up that comes along. I mean, standing by the stove for 15 minutes after an entire day of sitting in front of a computer is all the work I can commit to at 7-8 pm. Something else I can commit to is this delicious healthy ground beef and mushrooms recipe, it’s
- super easy and quick to make – it only takes 15 minutes and one pan
- very nutrient-dense and healthy – lean red meat can be beneficial when eaten occasionally, since it provides important essential nutrients like B12, iron and zinc that common diets lack
- paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, egg-free, nut-free and even low carb – great for those experiencing common food intolerances, allergies or anyone trying to lose weight / lower blood sugar
- flavorful and delicious – it’s a super satiating meal
Make This one-pan Dinner Using Simple Healthy Ingredients
- Mushrooms. You can use any edible variety you want in this meal, I went for regular button mushrooms. In general mushrooms are really good for you (well, when they’re not poisonous and you aren’t allergic, seriously, no biggie). They’re full of antioxidants, protein, vitamins and minerals that help your body fight off inflammation, chronic disease and stay healthy for a long, long time.
- Garlic is a staple ingredient on every healthy grocery list out there. It brings so much flavor to any savory dish, making it healthier and just delicious. Garlic has anti-cancer, antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lean ground beef. Red meat seems to be a controversial ingredient these days, but you just can’t deny its nutritional value. Lean ground beef is an excellent souce of several essential highly bioavailable macro- and micronutrients your body just needs to function properly. Some of these nutrients include vitamin B12, zinc, iron, niacin and protein. Red meat also has a lower omega-6/omega-3 ratio, which is an important factor if you’re wanting to reduce chronic inflammation. (source)
- Dried herbs and spices like chili powder, basil, cumin, black pepper or oregano. These dried herbs and spices will not only make your meal more flavorful and tasty, they also provide protective antioxidant properties and prevent the formation of harmful chemicals during the cooking process.
- Zucchini and cilantro. Throw in some vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, asparagus or carrots and then sprinkle some shopped fresh herbs! One-pan meals like this are a great way to increase your daily servings of vegetables!
- Tomato paste and olive oil. Both of these foods are rich in super powerful antioxidants that actually work in synergies and make each other stronger when eaten together. Tomato paste is rich in carotenoid lycopene – an antioxidant shown to protect your cells from damage. Extra virgin olive oil on the other hand is rich in polyphenols and monounsaturated fatty acids that make the lycopene from the tomato paste more bioavailable, i.e. more easily absorbable by your body.
How To Make Healthy Ground Beef and Mushrooms
You need to be working quickly, so be prepared to throw things into a hot pan one after another. The best way to prepare is to get out all of the needed ingredients and have them right next to the stove.
Wash and chop the mushrooms, zucchini and cilantro, peel and mince the garlic.
Heat a large pan or skillet at medium high, add olive oil and the ground beef. Stir in dried basil, oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt and black pepper. Stir, breaking the minced meat into chunks.
Once no longer pink, stir in the tomato paste and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
Add the zucchini and garlic, stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
After this add in the mushrooms, stirring for one minute until covered with the sauce. Then stir occasionally for 2-3 more minutes until mushrooms are done.
Sprinkle cilantro on top and enjoy immediately with some leafy greens or salad on the side.
When it comes to easy one-pan meals like this one, they’re very versatile and options are pretty much endless. It’s really a matter of what you have in your fridge/pantry! Here are some ideas:
- add in spinach/ leafy greens
- throw in some non-juicy crunchy vegetables like carrots, zucchini or bell peppers
- make it spicier: you can always add whatever dried herbs and spices you enjoy. Turmeric, thyme, paprika or coriancer can be great options for this one-pan dish
More Healthy One-Pan Dinners With Ground Beef:
- 20-Minute Ground Beef and Cabbage
- Ground Beef, Broccoli and Quinoa
- Healthy Beef and Vegetables
- One-Pan Ground Beef and Rice
15-Minute Garlic Ground Beef And Mushrooms | Healthy One-Pan Dinner Recipe
You’ll love this delicious healthy ground beef recipe for dinner! Ready in about 15-minutes this garlic ground beef and mushrooms recipe is the perfect weeknight one-pan dinner idea and everyone will love it.
- 2 cups/ 150g mushrooms
- 8oz/ 220g lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced into half circles
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano/ chopped
- 2/3 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp cilantro, thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste or puree
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper
- Wash and chop the mushrooms, zucchini and cilantro, peel and mince the garlic.
- Heat a large pan or skillet at medium high, add olive oil and the ground beef. Stir in dried basil, oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt and black pepper. Stir, breaking the minced meat into chunks.
- Once no longer pink, stir in the tomato paste and continue cooking for 3 more minutes, stirring only occasionally.
- Add the zucchini and garlic, stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the mishrooms, stirring for one minute until covered with the spices and tomato sauce, then stir occasionally for 2-3 more minutes until mushrooms are done.
- Sprinkle cilantro on top and enjoy immediately with some leafy greens or salad on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 375Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 438mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 35g
Leave a Reply