I’ve got a real treat for you today! It’s a healthy blueberry muffin recipe with a delicious cream cheese filling. Mmmm. They’re not the prettiest thing, but taste so good and are actually not bad for you at all. In fact, these flourless oatmeal blueberry muffins are made with healthy ingredients like oats, blueberries and coconut sugar.
You can have them for breakfast or a healthy sweet snack, whenever you crave a tasty blueberry muffin.
Also if you’re never prepared and always end up wondering what to eat – these healthy oatmeal blueberry muffins can help. They store well in the fridge for a few days and are therefore perfect for meal prep. Bake once, eat the next 3-4 days. That’s the motto.
Why You’ll Love These Flourless OATMEAL Blueberry Muffins
Well, what’s not to love about blueberry muffins with cream cheese filling? There is nothing more satisfying than a warm and hearty muffin. I personally can’t get enough of them because they’re:
- fluffy and tasty
- made with wholesome simple ingredients
- quick and easy to bake
- a good choice for a healthy breakfast or snack idea on the go
- rich, yet don’t have an overwhelmingly sweet flavor
Healthy oatmeal Blueberry Muffin Ingredients
Тhis delicious healthy oatmeal blueberry muffin recipe requires easy-to-find ingredients only, here’s what you’ll need mainly:
Oats. Quick or ground oats will be acting as our flour here! If you’re gluten-free, make sure to get gluten-free oats to make the muffins.
Eggs. As is with most muffin recipes, eggs act as the binder here as well and help to keep the muffins together.
Coconut sugar. This is going to be our sweetener! Coconut sugar is made from the nectar of coconut flour and it provides a beautiful coconutty aroma to the muffins.
Cream cheese. We’ll need some cream cheese for the muffins. If you want to make the blueberry muffins dairy-free, you can definitely leave the cream cheese filling out though. It just reminded me of a blueberry muffin I had in a coffee shop a few years back. OMG it was so good. Like insane. And it had a crumble on top too. Well, these muffins are good too, mkay?
How to Make These Healthy Blueberry Muffins
Start by preparing the batter. Put the eggs, milk, oats, vanilla, baking soda, coconut sugar and coconut oil together in a bowl and mix them.
Let the mixture soak for 10 minutes.
Make the cream cheese filling in the meantime. To do that you only need to mix cream cheese, vanilla and maple syrup together in a small bowl. Have a little taste and adjust for sweetness!
Now it’s time to preheat your oven to 180C/350 and add the blueberries to the muffin batter.
Fill the muffin cups. Now that the batter is ready, line a muffin pan with muffin liners made of parchment paper (makes it much easier to peel off!).
Fill the muffin cups halfway, add a tsp of cream cheese filling in the middle, then top with more batter to cover.
Bake! Last, but definitely not least: bake them (I mean nobody will be a fan of the raw muffins, let’s be honest). Your muffins will be ready in about 20 minutes and your kitchen will smell wonderful!
If you want to modify these oatmeal blueberry muffins to your own taste, you can definitely do so. Here are some options you might consider:
- As I mentioned you could make them dairy-free by leaving out the cream cheese filling.
- Add a crumble or some chopped nuts or seeds on top of the muffins for an additional texture
- Use fruit other than blueberries – apple chunks, strawberry chunks or even peaches can be used in the recipe.
You can also add cinnamon to make the flavor profile slightly different.
How to Store The healthy Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
The day they are baked, these flourless blueberry oatmeal muffins are at their best.
If necessary, you can keep them fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Pack them in a zip-lock bag or an airtight container and refrigerate.
Whenever ready to eat these amazing breakfast muffins, simply put them in the oven for about 5 minutes!
How to Serve The Flourless Blueberry Muffins
My favorite way to enjoy these healthy blueberry muffins with some coffee or tea.
More Sweet Flourless Healthy Recipes:
Now, I hope you enjoy these delicious, healthy flourless blueberry oatmeal muffins, and if you’re looking for more healthy sweet and tasty recipes that you can snack on, check these out:
- Flourless Strawberry Shortcake Cookies
- Healthy Breakfast Banana Cake
- Easy Flourless Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup and 2 tbsp quick or ground oats
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup blueberries
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix eggs, milk, oats, coconut oil, coconut sugar, baking soda and vanilla in a bowl. Then let the mixture sit for 10 minutes, so that the oats can soak a bit.
- While the oats are soaking, make the cream cheese filling. For this simply mix the cream cheese, vanilla and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Gently add the blueberries to the soaked oatmeal batter.
- Line a muffin pan with parchment paper muffin liners (will make it easier to get out the baked muffins). Fill the cups halfway with the batter. Add a tsp of cream cheese filling in the middle of each muffin cup, then cover it with more batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown on top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 157mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g