If you are on a tight budget, then you need to check out these easy cheap vegan meals! They’re super flavorful, healthy and perfect for anyone who wants to incorporate more plant-based dishes into their meal plan. Made with simple affordable ingredients, these easy recipes are proof that following a vegan diet doesn’t necessarily need to break the bank.
In fact, most naturally vegan foods are pretty cheap and great for your health too. Think seasonal produce, chickpeas, lentils, quinoa, nuts and seeds – all of these foods are plants, super nutritious and don’t cost a ton of money.
Loaded with vegetables, fiber-packed whole grains and legumes, this collection of inexpensive vegan recipes includes ideas for breakfast, lunch, dinner and sides. So let’s start cooking!
Easy and Cheap Sweet Vegan meal Ideas
Got a sweet tooth? Well, you’re in luck! Because in this section of cheap vegan recipes – I’ve got some of the best sweet ideas that you can enjoy for breakfast or dessert. Not only are these sweet dishes affordable and plant-based they’re also pretty healthy too.
1. Banana Baked Oats. I’m not into trends, but baked oats…they’re more than okay! If you’re eager to try a plant-based version that is super tasty – try this banana oatmeal cake. All it takes is blending some super-ripe bananas, oats, plant-based milk and coconut oil and then baking until golden brown.
2. Vegan Banana Oatmeal Pancakes. These super simple and easy vegan pancakes will satisfy your sweet cravings. The recipe calls for bananas, oats, almond milk and chopped nuts. These are ready in about 10 minutes!
3. Caramelized Banana Oatmeal. And just like that, we discovered three different methods to use bananas and oats in order to satisfy a sweet tooth in a healthier way. Don’t know about you, but the words “caramelized bananas” sound pretty hypnotizing to me.
4. No-Bake Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies. Another cheap ingredient to make sweet vegan recipes with other than bananas is peanut butter. These are lessons for life, I’m telling you! And who said that cookies can’t be healthy? Not only are they healthy, but these cookies will also pretty much melt in your mouth!
Easy Cheap Vegan Recipes to Meal Prep
Ah, meal prep. I’m not a huge fan of it, but it does save a ton of money, time and it’s definitely a healthier way to eat. So, if you’re into meal prep, check out these cheap and healthy vegan recipes!
5. Spicy Mediterranean Bowls. If you want to impress your family or guests with a healthy, eye-appealing vegan dish, then try these quick and easy chickpea bowls. To meap prep, you’ll need simple and inexpensive ingredients like canned chickpeas (or cooked), cabbage, garlic, herbs, tomato paste and fresh seasonal vegetables.
6. Roasted Cauliflower Hummus Bowls. Few things taste better than roasted cauliflower! Don’t believe it? Then cook these super healthy vegan bowls filled with roasted cauliflower, hummus and fresh vegetables today.
7. Healthy Vegan Lentil Bowls. Next on our list of cheap vegan meals are these healthy bowls filled with flavorful lentils and fresh veggies! Lentils are pretty cheap and are a great source of plant protein, fiber and antioxidants. So, prepare for the week and cook the lentils ahead. You can then assemble the bowls with some fresh veggies and a garlic sauce in no time!
8. Green Beans And Tomatoes. You can enjoy this delicious simple vegan dish either for lunch or dinner and it requires only two main ingredients – tomatoes and green beans. You can use frozen or fresh green beans – whatever you have or is more affordable for your budget.
Quick Affordable Vegan Meals
No time to cook? Then save this collection of quick cheap vegan recipes, as they taste good and are ready in 10-20 minutes!
9. 10-minute Lentil Lettuce Tacos. If you have cooked your lentils in advance, then you will need no more than 10 minutes to prepare these super delicious tacos. You’ll also need some mushrooms, onion, avocado, spices, and herbs. This will be one of the quickest vegan meals you have ever cooked.
10. 8-minute High Fiber Salad. Need more fiber in your diet? Then you must definitely try this high-fiber vegan salad with cabbage, carrots, beans and corn. It’s refreshing, filling and healthy!
11. Cabbage Tofu Stir–Fry. Even if you don’t like tofu, you will fall in love with this super easy healthy vegan stir-fry. It requires only about 20 minutes to prepare as well as some tofu, cabbage and vegetables.
12. Spicy Chickpea Skillet. If you are short of time, but still want to offer something tasty and nutritious for lunch or dinner, then try this tasty chickpea skillet! It’s spicy, it’s made in one pan and makes a wonderful filling for wraps or a base for vegan lunch bowls!
Vegan Wraps And Burrito Recipes
Now, one of my favorite ways to eat is by wrapping a bunch of flavorful mini dishes in bread! I could eat wraps for dinner, lunch and even breakfast, I’m fine with the potential mess too. That’s the very reason I’m dedicating an entire section in this collection of cheap vegan meals to wrap recipes!
13. Vegan Avocado Chickpea Wraps. Are you in for high-in-protein and easy vegan recipes today? Then, roll up your sleeves and mash or blend some chickpeas with garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice…Before you know it, you’ll be halfway done with the prep for these vegan wraps.
14. Easy Vegan Burritos. Looking for flavorful vegan meal ideas? Well, this one is not only that but also highly nutritious. All in all, for the filling you need to cook some tomatoes, canned beans and vegetables with herbs and spices.
15. Vegan Lentil Wraps. Now that we’ve used both chickpeas and beans to fill our wraps, it’s time to give those lentils a chance. These lentil wraps are super flavorful and incredibly healthy too!
Easy and Cheap Vegan Soup Recipes
Now, as you’ll see these cheap vegan soup recipes mostly rely on lentils. Why? Because I find they cook much faster than beans and chickpeas. 20-30 minutes and you’ve got a healthy vegan meal that is packed with fiber and protein!
16. Lentil Soup From Scratch. Speaking of protein, this simple lentil soup is high in protein and low in calories. It’s filling and comforting and you will want to eat it over and over again.
17. Lentil, Rice and Peas Curry Soup. If you are exhausted and freezing after a long tiring day, then treat yourself to a bowl of this filling and satisfying soup. It takes around 30 minutes to make and combines wonderful flavors.
18. Broccoli and Red Lentil Soup. Super easy and delicious, this healthy detox soup is sure to become one of your favorite easy vegan meals. That is how to make it: cook the lentils with chopped broccoli, sautéed onions and garlic, spices, and then blend until smooth. That easy!
19. Easy Vegetable Lentil Soup. This hearty and delightful vegetable soup is simple, easy, and ready in no time. To make it, you’ll need one pot as well as some chopped cabbage, lentils, broccoli, kale, and mushrooms!
Simple Vegan Side Dishes
Well, we’ve come to the last section in our list of easy and cheap vegan meals – the side dish recipes! These quick dishes include recipes you can add to vegan bowls and wraps or that you can serve with tofu or plant-based vegan patties and meatballs.
20. Easy Red Cabbage Slaw. If you want to boost your immunity during the cold season, then this 5–minute, vitamin-packed salad is a great idea. Although simple and easy, it is full of antioxidants and fiber. For a full meal serve with some tofu, chickpeas and maybe even some hummus.
21. 10-minute Brussels Sprouts. You either love or hate these miniature cabbage heads. In any case, you can’t deny they’re pretty cute. And when they’re in season, they’re rather inexpensive as well. So if you’ve got 10 minutes, prep them on the stove and for a full meal serve with tofu or legumes and a vegan dip of choice.
22. 5-Minute Spicy Chickpeas. Soon it’s dinner time and everybody in the house is starving! Don’t worry, you will need just 5 minutes to prepare this delicious and easy vegan recipe. For a full meal serve the chickpeas with some fresh seasonal vegetables and a garlicky cashew-based dressing or avocado!
23. 5-minute Cannellini Recipe. Similarly to the spicy chickpeas, you can use canned cannellini beans to make one of the best cheap vegan meals ever. Combine with tofu, cashew- or tahini-based garlicky sauce, hummus and fresh vegetables for a healthy and high-protein plant-based recipe!
More Easy Vegan Recipes
Well, I hope you got inspired by these easy and cheap vegan meals and try a few of the recipes! If you’re looking for more tasty plant-based meal ideas, then check out the meals below:
- 1 cup cannellini beans, canned
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp mint
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- optional: red pepper flakes
- olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Rinse and drain cannellini, chop the onion, and mince the garlic.
- In a non-stick pan - saute the onion and garlic for a minute with some oil.
- Stir in the cannellini beans, let cook for a minute.
- Stir in the spices, making sure to cover each bean.
- Serve with a tomato cucumber salad, olives and tzatziki.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 232Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 448mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 7gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g