Avocado zucchini chickpea summer salad is a tasty vegetarian salad recipe that you can make in around 10 minutes, it’s super easy! The main ingredients for the Mediterranean-inspired salad include grilled zucchini, feta cheese, arugula and chickpeas. It’s a refreshing healthy lunch idea perfect for summer that will fill you up without making you feel heavy!
You’ll Love This Avocado Zucchini Chickpea Salad
Made with ingredients like zucchini, avocado, chickpeas, feta, herbs and cucumbers this is a great main dish vegetarian salad that you will love whenever you need a simple meatless option.
However, it also makes a delicious and balanced salad for a barbecue during summer! Skip the processed sauces and go for something healthy and fresh, you’ll be glad you did!
This chickpea salad is:
- Ready in 5-10 minutes
Avocado Zucchini Chickpea Summer Salad Ingredients
- Grilled or roasted vegetables. Zucchini is a great choice here…Although you can also use red peppers, eggplant, carrots, asparagus or cauliflower! Or even a combination of these.
- Cooked or canned chickpeas. I always go for the regular version, as I find no salt added taste like nothing. Simply rinse and drain to reduce salt content.
- Fresh vegetables. Including avocado, cucumbers, arugula, lettuce, radishes and garlic. These fresh healthy foods will provide your body with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that help to keep your body strong and healthy!
- Olives and feta to add little bites of saltiness to the salad!
- Fresh mint! I love fresh mint in there, but you can use any fresh herbs you enjoy. Basil, parsley, cilantro or even dill will taste amazing in the salad!
How To Make Chickpea Summer Salad
Well, it’s pretty simple: All you need to do is add all the ingredients for the salad to a bowl and toss. Then enjoy.
To make the zucchini you just need to cut it in circles or lengthwise and saute in a nonstick pan with some olive oil for a few minutes on both sides.
The one ingredient you might be missing in this salad might be tomatoes! If you’ve got access to fresh, ripe tomatoes – throw in one or two tomatoes into the salad. I wasn’t eating nightshades at the time, so I skipped adding tomatoes to the recipe. However, we both know – tomatoes are the obvious tasty addition to this salad.
Also, as I mentioned you can swap the roasted vegetables for something you enjoy more than zucchini like roasted peppers or eggplant or even cauliflower.
This salad is vegetarian, naturally gluten free, grain-free and nut-free.
More Healthy Summer Salads
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 spring onion, thinly chopped
- 2 cups lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 radishes, chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas, canned, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- handful of olives
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut zucchini in circles or lengthwise and roast on the stove or the grill with a bit of olive oil…I usually rub them with a bit of salad and garlic.
- Add all prepared ingredients to a bowl and toss well! Enjoy immediately!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 468mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 13gSugar: 16gProtein: 11g