This is a super easy, super fast healthy cauliflower and ground beef recipe that you can make for dinner! It’s almost like fried rice, yet different. To make this easy recipe you can use thinly chopped cauliflower or even cauliflower rice. This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, grain-free and lower in carbs, as well, and more importantly very nutrient-dense.
So if you have around 20 minutes and are looking for a healthy recipe to use up cauliflower and ground beef – this is the one. I’m pretty sure everyone at your table will love it!
Cauliflower and Ground Beef Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this super satisfying and quick stir-fry recipe with cauliflower and ground beef:
- Ground beef. I used lean ground beef, but if you don’t have it – use any other type of ground meat. Like turkey, pork or chicken will also work.
- Cauliflower. A few months back, we had bought a lot of cauliflower because it was super cheap at the store. We froze some and then used the rest to make several cauliflower-based dishes like soups and stir-fries like this one. As mentioned, you can also use riced cauliflower in the recipe.
- Tamari sauce chili powder. For some flavor, saltiness and spice! If you’re not gluten-free you can also use soy sauce and if you’re paleo – go for coconut aminos.
- Vegetables. Carrot, onion and garlic – a classic combo for fried rice, these are perfect for this quick dinner idea as well.
- Olive oil. Since this is basically a stir-fry, we need some oil. Another healthy option would be avocado oil here.
How To Make This Cauliflower And Ground Beef Recipe
This simple, yet flavorful and healthy cauliflower and ground beef recipe comes together in no time. And the process is incredibly straightforward:
Chop the cauliflower thinly or rice it using a grinder or your food processor. Chop the carrot and onion also thinly and mince the garlic.
Add the ground beef to a heated pan with olive oil and saute it with the onion and chili powder. Make sure to be breaking it apart with the spatula and stir for 3-4 minutes.
Then sitr in the cauliflower, cover with a lid for 2 minutes with a lid. After that uncover and stir occasionally for 3 more minutes.
Then add the tamari sauce, carrot, some more oil and minced garlic. Stir for 4-5 mins and take off heat.
Serve with toasted sesame seeds and if desired with your favorite sauce!
How To Store
If you have any leftovers or want to meal prep the recipe for the week, transfer the leftovers into airtight containers and refrigerate for up to 3 days. I usually reheat on the stove, but microwave will work too.
Keep in mind that to meal prep, you’ll probably need to double the recipe.
More Healthy Recipes With Ground Beef or Cauliflower
I hope you enjoy this easy dinner recipe with cauliflower and ground beef if you give it a try! For more healthy recipes with either one of the main ingredients, check these out:
- 10oz/280g ground beef
- 1/2 onion, thinly chopped
- 4 cups cauliflower, thinly chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce or to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds
- Chop the cauliflower thinly or rice it using a grinder or your food processor. Chop the carrot and onion also thinly and mince the garlic.
- Add the ground beef to a heated pan with olive oil, onion and chili powder. Make sure to be breaking the ground meat apart with the spatula and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Then sitr in the cauliflower, cover with a lid for 2 minutes with a lid. After that uncover and stir occasionally for 3 more minutes.
- Then add the tamari sauce, carrot, the sesame oil and minced garlic. Stir for 4-5 mins and take off heat.
- Serve with toasted sesame seeds and if desired with your favorite sauce!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 632Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 125mgSodium: 723mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 9gSugar: 7gProtein: 47g