Make this delicious creamy avocado shrimp salad recipe for a satisfying healthy lunch! It’s light, full of fiber, protein, and healthy fats, gluten-free, low-carb, and overall a super healthy clean meal that you will love!
I doubt there are many people left who need convincing that a good salad can be a filling meal. Luckily, even the biggest critics will be satisfied with this healthy creamy avocado shrimp salad recipe – all it takes is a few simple steps for this healthy lunch idea.
In a very short time, you can prepare yourself a hearty and absolutely mouthwatering recipe with avocado and shrimp that is full of healthy fats, fiber and antioxidants.
All of this is served without any gluten and besides the health benefits, it’s also beneficial for your tastebuds. Once you try it you won’t be able to diss salads easily, learning how appetizing and awesome they can be, especially for lunch.
Why You’ll Love This Creamy Avocado Shrimp Salad
I can think of plenty of reasons why this creamy avocado shrimp salad is amazing. Mostly because it’s:
- Fresh and flavorful
- Perfect for lunch
- Gluten-free and low in carbs
- Easy to make
- Super healthy
If you’re looking for a satisfying meal for lunch that won’t make you sleepy shortly after eating it, that’s the one.
You’ll see for yourself but this recipe is basically the perfect lunch as it’s packed with all the goods you need to finish the second half of your day successfully.
And if you think of only tasteless greens when you imagine a salad, you couldn’t be more wrong. And this one is here to prove it – it’s creamy and full of various flavors that complement each other perfectly and shine individually at the same time.
Avocado SHRIMP Salad Ingredients
Shrimp. Lovers of seafood know how amazing shrimp tastes. It’s part of this healthy lunch recipe for this reason and another one – it’s great for your health. Shrimp is an amazing source of protein, like it literally has tons of it, despite its size. It also may facilitate weight loss and gives you a wide array of minerals and antioxidants.
Avocado. You need no oil is to make this recipe for shrimp salad because the great avocado gives its creaminess and brings the whole dish together. I find avocado pretty neutral taste-wise, and it makes the perfect base for this flavorful dish.
Cherry tomatoes. Some food combinations are truly a match made in heaven. This applies fully to avocado and cherry tomatoes, as the two are a killer tandem.
Olives. Low in calories but rich in vitamin E and fiber, olives are great for you. They also provide the needed saltiness to the salad, but if you can’t have them – you can instead add other salty pickled foods like jalapenos or pickles to this recipe.
Onion. Onions are a must-have in salads! And who am I to not include them as a vital part of our delicious avocado shrimp salad?
Radishes. I feel like radishes are underappreciated. But you’ll use them in this mashed avocado and shrimp salad recipe not only for that. Radishes are great for improving detoxification as well as your urinary system. And they lower oxidative stress!
Spices and herbs. Spice-wise, we only need three things – salt, pepper, and fresh cilantro. Very simple, right? I wasn’t kidding when I said this is a very easy-to-make lunch, especially when it comes to seasoning it, you likely already have this classic combination at hand. And it’s a classic because it’s just so great!
How To Make Creamy Avocado SHRIMP Salad
For this creamy avocado shrimp salad the saying “preparation is key” applies fully as it requires mostly that and a lot less actual cooking. Here’s how to make it:
- Start by cooking your shrimp. You can either stir fry it or boil it, depending on how much time you want to spend and how healthy you want to get. I recommend stir-frying for 2-3 minutes with a little bit of olive oil, some mashed garlic, and a dash of dried dill or basil.
- Prepare the rest of your ingredients. Wash your veggies very well and chop thinly your onion, radishes, and cilantro. Chop your cherry tomatoes and olives too.
- Mash the avocado and combine all of your products, including your cooked shrimp and cut veggies, into a bowl.
- Mix everything well, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread on some bread of choice and enjoy.
Told you – making this avocado shrimp recipe for lunch was incredibly easy!
How To Store
If this avocado shrimp salad has a single flaw, it’s the fact that it doesn’t store well. Blame the avocado for this, as it browns quickly, and you couldn’t possibly put this in the fridge for long if you’ve got leftovers.
So my recommendation here – have some shrimp cooked and the veggies all washed – you’ll be able to make the salad in half the time, which is about 5 minutes!
How To Customize
This avocado shrimp recipe offers a lot of room for customization! For example, you can swap the shrimp for chicken, tuna or even tofu. You can add other herbs or some greens like arugula and also throw in some additional veggies of your choice as well.
Whatever you decide to make it will probably be delicious with the avocado base!
More Healthy Salad Recipes For Lunch
Now if you’re a fan of salads for lunch, there are many ways to experiment and to make lunch time something you’re looking forward too. This creamy avocado shrimp salad is just the start! If you need even more healthy salad recipes you need to try these options as well:
- 1 cup shrimp, cooked (either stir-fried or boiled)
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped thinly
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped olives
- 2 tbsp thinly chopped cilantro
- 4 small radishes, thinly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the shrimp either by boiling or stir-frying. I usually defrost frozen shrimp, then mix it with some olive oil, 1 garlic clove, salt, black pepper and a little bit of dried dill or basil in a small bowl. Then stir-fry for a few minutes at medium-high heat until it turns pink and a bit golden. If your shrimp is large - cut it in halves or thirds.
- Wash all the tomatoes, cilantro and radishes. Then chop thinly onion, cilantro, olives, tomatoes and radishes, then peel and mince the garlic.
- Add peeled avocado to a bowl where you can make the salad, then mash it with the back of a fork until smooth. Add in the chopped vegetables, garlic, the shrimp and salt and pepper to taste!
- Serve with some crackers, tortillas or with your favorite bread for a quick and tasty lunch!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 281Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 879mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g